No Referral Needed
You do not need a referral for your complimentary new patient examination. Our initial visit is free because Dr. Beckwith knows that it is in everyone’s best interest for treatment to start at the appropriate time and he wants you to be able to explore your orthodontic treatment options. Even if you are not sure if orthodontics is right for you, or if this is the best time to be prescribed treatment, Dr. Beckwith will provide the opportunity for your to learn what is possible and what is involved with orthodontic care so that you can make an informed decision.
What We’ll Need From You
Please assist us by providing the following information prior to your first visit:
- Please let us know if a panoramic radiograph has been taken taken within the past 12 months. We generally will call your general or pediatric dentist prior to your visit to request a copy of the X-ray if one is available. If indicated, we will take a panoramic radiograph at this first visit.
- If you have orthodontic insurance and are able to provide us with your insurance information prior to your first visit, we are generally able to clarify your benefit and have the insurance information available for you when you arrive. When we have the insurance information in advance, we are able to give you a more accurate estimate of your financial commitment, including insurance, at the initial consultation. If you have insurance and have not provided the information in advance then please bring your insurance card to the first visit.
What to Expect
We are always excited about getting to know new patients during their first visit to our office. Your initial appointment will consist of a thorough examination and a discussion of potential treatment options. This important 40 to 60 minute visit will allow us to learn and discuss with you your orthodontic treatment goals.
During the initial examination, we will address the questions listed below that cover the basics of orthodontic treatment. As well, we will give you an opportunity and encourage you to ask any questions that you may have regarding orthodontic treatment.
- Is there a condition that orthodontics can address?
- Is treatment needed now, or should treatment be delayed until appropriate growth, tooth eruption or other factors have occurred?
- What treatment procedures will be used to correct the problem?
- Should fixed appliances (braces), Invisalign or another method be used?
- Do any primary (kid) teeth or permanent teeth need to be removed?
- Approximately how long will treatment take?
- What will be my financial commitment for this orthodontic investment?
- What are my payment options?
We know that your time is valuable. If you wish to expedite treatment or minimize the number of appointments necessary prior to the start of orthodontic treatment, many of our initial exam times also have time reserved following the exam for diagnostic records. The records include X-rays, photographs, and impressions for study models that are necessary for confirming the appropriate treatment plan. This additional appointment will last about 40 minutes. If you wish to have the option to have records taken immediately following the exam, please indicate that preference when scheduling your initial exam appointment.
When you are ready to leave our office at the completion of this first visit, you will have a summary of the specific orthodontic needs, an outline of the planned treatment and an estimated length of time for orthodontic treatment.
While we can answer most questions about treatment during the initial examination, we occasionally need to schedule a second consultation visit to discuss additional aspects of your specific treatment plan once Dr. Beckwith has had the opportunity to thoroughly analyze the diagnostic records. In some cases, more than one treatment option is available and it is only after a thorough analysis of the records that Dr. Beckwith can make his recommendation regarding the best orthodontic treatment option. Dr. Beckwith knows how important it is to analyze and detail each patient’s specific needs because in-depth planning leads to superior orthodontic results and higher patient satisfaction.
Change your smile, and you very well may change the world! Take the first step and schedule your complimentary consultation with Dr. Beckwith and Mountain View Orthodontics today, or call either of our offices in Longmont and Berthoud if you have questions.