iTero™ Digital Impressions
An accurate impression is essential for effective treatment planning and orthodontic care. The iOC Scanner captures the contours of tooth and gingival structures, producing an accurate digital orthodontic scan in just minutes.
The iTero handheld wand takes a digital, 3D image of your prepared teeth, stopping as needed. You can look at the iTero 3D image on the screen in real-time. Now instead of UPS shipping impressions to the lab to be scanned, the digital image is electronically sent to the lab and is available in the Invisalign Clincheck system the next day. The accuracy and detail of the iTero scan vs a putty impression is kind of like watching HDTV over standard definition TV. These digital scans don’t need to be rescanned so by removing the “clay modeling step” we have greatly improved the accuracy.
Benefits of Teeth Scanning
- Eliminates Impressions – the most invasive procedure in daily orthodontic care.
- Superior Accuracy – with no distortion from patient movement during set, removal of impression, or disinfection.
- Onscreen Visualizations – allow for immediate adjustment to create the ideal orthodontic scan the first time.
- Increased Patient Comfort – by eliminating the goop and gagging with traditional impressions.
- Single Use Image Shield – to ensure maximum cleanliness.